GRAZIA LAUNCHES FASH FACTOR
Date: 4:33pm 20 May 13
Grazia is launching a major UK fashion search, a unique opportunity to discover and showcase unknown talent. We are inviting everyone, from fashion students and budding new designers to milliners, shoe designers, textile designers and jewellers, to bring their designs to the offices of Grazia on Friday 21st June at 9am. Here they will have the chance to show them before a judging panel including super-talented designers Roland Mouret and Peter Jensen, Liberty’s Head of Fashion Buying & Merchandising Stephen Ayres and, of course Grazia editor-in-Chief Jane Bruton and Fashion Director Susannah Frankel. We will be judging entries for three womenswear categories – clothing, textile & prints and accessories. A shortlist will be invited back a week later, on 28th June, for a mentoring session with some of the judges, the Grazia fashion team and Liberty’s Managing Director Ed Burstell. The winning designs will be photographed and featured in a future issue of Grazia magazine and showcased in a window in Liberty too!
HOW TO AUDITION
Auditions will be held at the offices of Grazia, Endeavour House, 189 Shaftesbury Avenue, London WC2H 8JG. All entrants will be seen on a first come, first served basis, with doors opening at 9am, and judging continuing until 1pm.
All designers will be given a strict two-minute slot for a “speed pitch” before the judging panel, of which 1 minute will be available for the designer to briefly introduce themselves, their experience and qualifications, and the inspiration behind their design.
Each entrant may present one outfit, one pair of shoes, or one accessory. All designs must be presented to the judging panel WORN by the designer, or by ONE accompanying model.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Entrants must be resident in the UK, aged 18 or over on 21st June 2013, and their designs must not have been sold in major British retailers. All designs to be shown must be worn by the designer, or by one accompanying model. Designs must be worn on arrival: please do NOT bring garments or accessories in hanging bags, boxes, suitcases, or other baggage ‘ready to change into’. All designs must already have been produced – sketches and portfolios will not be admissible for judging. All designs must be original, and the designer’s own work. Designs may not be submitted on behalf of others. All designs must be womenswear. A shortlist of five will be chosen by the judges to attend a mentoring session on Friday 28th June at Liberty in London. It is the entrants’ responsibility to make sure that they are able to attend but reasonable travel expenses (which will be pre-agreed by Grazia) will be reimbursed. Failure to attend means automatic disqualification. One winner will be selected and will be announced in Grazia on 23rd July.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into concerning their decision.
- Unless stated elsewhere in these terms, Grazia is not responsible (and will not reimburse entrants) for any costs associated with entering the Fash Factor.
- The winner and those short-liseted agree that to participate in photo, recording, video and/or film session/s and agree that Grazia has the right to use all the resulting materials in any medium (incl internet and apps) and in any manner we see fit and you assign to us all rights (including present and future copyright).
- Grazia reserves the right to amend or cancel the terms of this competition or the prize if it is required to do so for reasons beyond its control.
- Failure to comply with the above terms and conditions may result in disqualification.
- Other than for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence and so far as permitted by law, Grazia excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense in connection with the competition or any aspect of the prize.
For Grazia’s full competition t&cs, which should be read in addition to the below, please see: www.bauerlegal.co.uk/competition-terms
We Announce The Shortlist For Grazia Fash Factor! In case you hadn’t noticed last Friday was Fash Factor day at Grazia towers.Find out more
Launch Your Career here
We catch up with the winners from the previous Fash FactorFind out more
And The Winner Of Fash Factor 2013 Is…
Check out the announcement of this years winnerFind out more
Join the conversation